Although all testing performed to verify the system against the requirement, but Acceptance testing has its own importance. This level of testing is important because clients or end user or business people are involved in this type of testing. Acceptance testing only after all or high-risk defects identified in System Testing is fixed. The purpose of this testing is to gain confidence in a system from the customer point of view.
Usually, Acceptance testing is performed in the controlled environment where developers and testers are involved. This type of testing also called as User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
Types of Acceptance Testing
Criteria of Acceptance
- Functional Correctness of System
- Functional Completeness of System
- Validate Data Integrity
- Check for Data Conversion
- Usability of System
- Performance of System
- Authorization and Authentication
- Installation process
- Scalability of System
- Documentation Completeness
Prerequisites of UAT
- Business Requirement Document should be available
- The system should be done with development and all the previous testing level should be passed by the system like Unit Testing, Integration Testing and System Testing.
- Showstopper defects present in system can prevent you to go with Acceptance Testing
- Cosmetic errors are not the worried point, but all need to be reported.
- An environment similar to the production environment should be ready for UAT testing.
- System Test team should provide the sign off from System Level testing.